The author gives a little background, then reads the section about when she and her husband Greg first realized that YES - their wonderful little girl really might indeed have a "mental illness" in spite of the fact they seemed to be in deep denial. She was horribly hallucinating. She was not only hearing things and seeing things, she was feeling things, too!
The "Voices" were no longer just in her head. She began having more than just audio hallucinations.
Yet even after facing irrefutable evidence she was very sick, you'll see... they still were confused, scared, and grasping for reasons. This excerpt is from The section, "The Brewing Storm" right before, "Hell."
Their daughter had tactile, olfactory, gustatory, audio, visual, and pain hallucinations - i.e. hallucinations involving most of her senses - of touch, smell, taste, hearing, sight, and the sense of pain.
Here is PART 2 from May 2012: Beginning of Hell - Psychosis and Hospitalization
- Author Interview (off-site link)
- About the book (with book reviews, awards, etc)
- Author page on Facebook
- About this site
- Suggested Books
- Important Topics
- SSCD: When Hearing Things Is Not Schizophrenia
- Medical Causes-Partial List
- Gluten Sensitivity and Symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Brain Health: The Gluten (Dis)Connection
- Brain Health: Cut Out The Casein (Doped with Dairy)
- Brain Health: The Thyroid Connection
- Abnormal Sleep?
- Sleep is Critical
- The Stress Connection
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction
Property of http://www.itsnotmental.com/
Last Updated: 02 December 2012